Friday 7 March 2014

Frog's and toads

Over the last couple of weeks most of my photography has revolved around frog's and toad's. It's a busy time of year for them, coming out of hibernation and spawning. Also the Berwyn's seems to be a good location for them, virtually every pool I look in has spawn. Even my reflection pool that has only been created a year has two clumps of spawn in it and I managed to photograph one of the frogs responsible for it this week.
 The toad pictures came about by accident really, I'd travelled to the coast to photograph waders during a spring tide, while waiting for the birds to arrive I watched what I thought was a crab being washed around in the surf. It wasn't until I looked at it through my long lens that I realised it was a toad that had been caught out by the speed of the incoming tide. We washed the toad down with a bottle of mineral water before finding somewhere safe for her, she hung around in the water long enough for me to get some pictures of her that I was quite pleased with.





No comments:

Post a Comment